Thursday 6 January 2011

Spring Going Out - little black dress… waist tie, pink under dress & fabric roses

I’ve been working on a few things over the last two days, firstly I’ve produced a waist tie for the little black dress which simply consists of the black dress fabric folded over & hemmed, I’m also going to add some loops to hang the tie through on the dress.



















Secondly I’ve sewn along some lengths of dress fabric with a rolled hem stitch on my over locker, this produces a finished edge which I’m going to use like ribbons to make fabric roses to put on the shoulders of the dress.















Lastly I’ve bought some pink lining fabric, which matches the netting fabric. I’m going to use this lining fabric to make a sleeveless under-dress, so the pink fabric will show through the black dress fabric on the body, leaving bare arms showing under the dress fabric.














Over the next few days I have fabric roses to make, along with the under-dress and loops for the waist tie. I will let you know how I get on when I’ve finished these.

No comments:

Post a Comment