Monday, 28 February 2011

SS11 dress with flowers & an experimental neck line

I’ve worked on a little experiment over the weekend, I’ve produced a simple grey stretch jersey fabric dress & then added a little collar & on to this I’ve added poppers, with the poppers I’ve attached a flowery fabric to give the impression of a flowery scarf sitting just on the shoulders and along the neckline of the dress. The thinking behind this is that you can produce a dress with a fancy collar which can then be removed for ease of washing (I‘m not saying I‘ve invented the removable collar - but have just decided I would experiment with removable collars). I’ve not finished the decoration on the collar but knowing that I can remove it as it is attached by poppers means I have no restrictions on where I go with this flowery fabric.

I’ve also made a fleece jacket over the weekend, this is very simple & just sewen up on the overlocker, I’m going to make a lining perhaps out of jersey, not sure at the moment though.  The sleeves look really long in these photos but really they are just down to finger length (so the are long but not as crazy long as they look!).

Tomorrow is my official start date of Spring, that means I’m to start wearing the clothes I've made for "The Capsule Wardrobe Project" as of tomorrow.  I’ve decided that I will still continue to wear the clothes I’ve previously bought (after finding two pairs of trousers in my wardrobe over the weekend with price tags on… so totally unworn!!!).  So over this year there will be a gradual move from wearing clothes which I’ve bought to only wearing clothes which I have made. Its still quite weird at the moment I’m ok with not buying clothes but am sure how I will feel when I see something I really want its going to be hard to hold back from buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment