Tuesday 22 February 2011

Little flowery cardy for SS11 dress it up or down...

I’ve finally finished sewing the little grey flowery cardy, its taken forever as the embroidery wasn’t quite as quick & easy as I thought it would be, however I’ve no doubt it has been easier than struggling with this thin fabric on my sewing machine.

I’ve styled the cardy up with a sparkly dress I wore for New Year’s eve at the new (nearly new) Public on the King’s Road & a fun necklace which was from M&S!

This is a perfect cardy to be worn on a dressy night or as a casual item with a racer back t & a pair of jeans (which reminds me I need to make a few racer back t’s).




 
I’ve also been working on the dress I’ve made out of the same flowery fabric. I’m currently in two minds on this while I love the dress I also think I should make it into a top & a skirt, which would be more wearable & in keeping with my Capsule Wardrobe Project as it will allow for more “looks”.  If I make the dress into a top & skirt I might even be able to make little undershorts so I can wear the outfit in mix & match sets for golf.  The stretchy fabric would work well in a sporting environment, I‘m thinking over night on this one! (ps don't look too closely at this dress - still lots of work to be done on it!)



In the mean time I’ve found a similar kind of dress & a lovely leather jacket which if the dress remains a dress I would like to re-create… watch this space.


No comments:

Post a Comment