Friday 4 February 2011

Feeling guilty about going fabric shopping!

My plans for the weekend are zero, I’ve cleared the decks for a weekend of sewing & not much more, my plan was a trip to my fabric shop & then just settle down & cut & sew & bead etc all weekend.

I’ve read my monthly edition of Red Magazine & LOVE all the bright colours & the flowery fabrics which scream SPRING.

But... I’ve suddenly been hit by guilt. My plan WAS to go fabric shopping, & I’ve realised that I have lots of fabric which “fits” the Spring Capsule Wardrobe brief! The fabrics I’ve been buying over the last few months have been sitting hiding in plastic bags.

I’ve photographed some of my buys, you can see them below along with a “bright” blue belt which I bought from M&S Summer 2011 for £5 which will go perfectly with my Missoni dress, I also have exactly the same belt in bright pink which will no doubt go with one of the other brightly coloured dresses I plan to make over this weekend.











ITS GOING TO BE A WEEKEND OF FLOWERS & BRIGHTNESS… WATCH THIS SPACE
XXX


PS - I am still going fabric shopping, just I’m not going to go as mad as I was prior to realising how much fabric I’ve been hording!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment