Tuesday 28 December 2010

Spring Work wear - shirt / cardy

Today again (like yesterday) I want a quick sewing fix & have made a lightweight shirt/ cardigan which will be able to be worn over a little t-shirt or vest top with grey trousers or skirt.



I got a great book over Christmas “The Dressmaker’s Handbook of Couture Sewing Techniques by Lynda Maynard”, looking through it today I’ve seen that I can edge the lightweight fabric of this shirt/ cardy with ribbon. I’ve found that I already have this beautiful fern green ribbon which will work perfectly.



After I’ve added the ribbon I’m going to add clear poppers so that the shirt/ cardy can be fastened at the front but hopefully the fabric won’t be weighted down when left unfastened.

Tomorrow in addition to putting the ribbon on this I’m going to top stitch the pink jacket with some light coloured cotton, this will give the jacket a clean edge.

Busy day tomorrow!…

No comments:

Post a Comment